Rajgad fort was recognized as first political base of “Hindavi Swarajya”. It still can be witnessed as an unchallengeable, indisputable and unconquerable fort in ‘Hindavi Swarajya’. The approach to Rajgad makes it more unique, as one has to either cross a mountain or a river to reach Rajgad fort. Shivaji Maharaj selected Rajgad as a capital fort and political base of ‘Hindavi Swarajya’. Rajgad has three Machis` and one Citadel. To witness this historic destination, start your trek to Rajgad right away.
On your trek also visit Padmavati Temple, Rameshwar Temple, Alu Darwaja, Pali Darwaja: This is the main door of Rajgad which is still intact, Balekilla, View of Torna and Sinhagad from the top.
- Reach Gunjawane by 6.00 am, followed by breakfast.
- Start climbing the fort by 7.00 am
- Reach on the top of the Fort by 10.30 am
- Site seeing on the fort, followed by lunch and start descending by 1.00 pm
- Reach Gunjawane by 3.30 pm and start return journey
- Breakfast, Lunch and Evening Tea
- Transport cost from Karjat to Karjat
- Trek expertise and basic first aid